“…our lifestyle can actually be medicine. …the right lifestyle and nutrition can actually improve our well-being, reverse our health problems and even make chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, obesity and depression disappear.”
– Dr. Rangan Chatterjee, The 4 Pillar Plan.***
Is there any connection between good physical health, lifestyle choices and professional success?
Truth is, the human body is a complex mechanism that is intricately interconnected. It is this interconnection of a unique degree that results in the smooth functioning of the mind and body.
As Dr. Chatterjee points out, our health and wellness is determined by certain lifestyle choices that we make sometimes willingly and sometimes because the situation demands. These choices not only ensure good health but also helps in preventing long-term damages that leave a deep mental and physical impact and finally affect our productivity, energy levels and achievements.
Therefore, to answer our initial question, yes! The connection between good health and success is more than we can think or know.
In today’s blog I will share with you some summary information from Dr Rangan Chatterjee’s book to ensure good health so that you can prevent long term chronic illnesses like diabetes, bad cholesterol, blood pressure levels, bone and joint issues and even depression. It is interesting to note that slight everyday changes and adjustments ensure how well we live.
Physical wellbeing is not just good health. It is a delicate mechanism of the mind and body revolving around certain lifestyle choices and behavioral patterns that eventually ensure optimal functioning of human body.
It can be improved by prioritizing on the following features that will help us take control of our general wellbeing, mental health and life goals.
- Relax. It keeps you healthy, so take 15 minutes for it everyday. When you are stressed your body produces a hormone called cortisol. Taking 15 minutes to wind down helps your body to decrease your cortisol levels. It can take many forms. It might be having a cup of tea in a nearby cafe, or reading a silly magazine.
- Good diet and nutrition form the cornerstone on which good health is built.
- Regular exercise & physical activity makes us fit and strong.
- Sufficient rest and sleep help us recover and rejuvenate. Regular exercise and sleep patterns together work to lower our cortisol, a key hormone that promotes stress.
Physical and mental well-being leads to increased energy and focus, thus leading to more productivity. Being in control of our well-being and being in good shape instill confidence and positiveness. A sound and strong body coupled with a positive mind are key defenses in the corporate world plagued by deadlines and stress.
We may conclude by stating that good health and success can be achieved by prioritizing on the key lifestyle choices. Focus on self-care, get practice positive psychology, develop a balanced approach to stress and burnout. Make sure you spend at least 15 minutes in a day with yourself without screens and e-devices.
Make sure you subscribe to my weekly newsletters for more insight into the key lifestyle choices and loads of fun facts on a balanced and successful life.